Saturday, February 19, 2005

Parking Tickets

Just paid for four of them. FOUR. Logged on, because it was payday yesterday and I had about fifteen minutes before the money was gone to pay my normal bills, and the two tickets I was aware of were there, as well as two more, both for expired registration.

I thought I had a month grace period to get my registration renewed (I was SURE I heard something about that on NPR the other day) and I needed it, because I didn't have the money to pay for it. But I guess my neighborhood police officer didn't listen to that same NPR show. And since I didn't even open up the envelope until today (what's the point? I didn't have any money) I missed the day to protest, not that I would have, because I'm not that good at confrontations with authority. (Ask me about the time my car got towed from school because the license plate number didn't match anything in their records because I had made one up when I bought my parking pass because my car was only a year old and I hadn't memorized it yet. I cried so hard and for so long that they finally called the tow company and had them release my car just to get rid of me.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got a link on my site. Thanks for the erudite read. Me? I'm just a "NUTTER."

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home