Saturday, April 02, 2005

Bette Davis clarifies



Darlings. There are only three (3) shopping days left until MY birthday. Me, Bette Davis. Not the anonymous blogger who pretends to be Margo Channing. This means you should all be preparing. Have you rented All About Eve? No? You've seen it too many times? Too obvious? Well then, how about The Anniversary? I wear an eye patch and some swinging early sixties outfits. I think one of my children eventually kills me. Or maybe I kill them. I'm almost positive they don't get their inheritance. Feeling Hallmark-y? How about A Pocket Full of Miracles where I play a homeless woman named Apple Annie? Or maybe the 1978 tv-movie of the week White Mama, where I play an elderly urban woman who becomes the implausible, but totally effective foster mother to a troubled youth. I won an Emmy for it. I think Margo's secret favorite is Strangers: The Story of a Mother and a Daughter, in which I co-starred with Gena Rowlands. She's easy to spot because she still has the exact same hairdo, 30 years later. It's about a one-time runaway (a prodigal daughter, if you will) who returns to her New England home and, with much effort, wins the trust of her estranged mother, only to drop the bombshell that she's come home to die. Good times.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyn & I are going to plan an "All About Eve" viewing party for our classmates & other interested parties.

Isn't that fabulous?

It just occured to me that Bette Davis was an Aries, which seems rather appropriate.

-tim

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home