Saturday, August 06, 2005



Does anyone else remember this book? My father bought a used hard-cover copy of it for me while on a business trip. I couldn't believe how good it was, and read it over and over, as well as any other Ruth Chew books I could find. I remember likilng another one that featured a flying bathmat. Right now I'm trying to decide between buying my eight year old neice a hard cover copy from Amazon's used books, for $16, or buying a package of 10 paperback Ruth Chew books, including The Wednesday Witch, for $30 on e-bay. I've had a good morning intermittently looking up Ruth Chew sites and reading plot summaries.

3 Comments:

Blogger La Lecturess said...

God, I know I read this book, though I don't remember it other than the title and the cover image--I went through a prolonged "magic" phase, reading tons of books by Edgar Eagar and E.M. Nesbitt (among other, more recent authors). I love revisiting children's books.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...missed this entry before.

I definitely read that book in second grade.

I don't remember any details, but I do remember discussing it w/ my very first therapist.

-tim

11:29 PM  
Blogger Margo, darling said...

I don't know that book. Will have to check it out. And now you've got to read TWW.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home