Saturday, March 31, 2007

Right on!!

You know that blogsphere myth that if you blog about something you've lost or misplaced you'll find it? Well, if you blog about how you've had a headache for three months, but that it's been getting better recently, it will come roaring back.

Working on day three of almost incapacitating pain. I'm scheduling an appointment with a neurologist Monday morning. I'm scared they'll just tell me it's the family thing and there's nothing to do about it, but I'm starting to become even more scared that I'm moments away from an aneurysm or a stroke or that I have a tumor behind my right eye. I don't think it's the last thing, but I do think it's odd that the muscles are totally tensed on the right side of my neck and back and that my headache stretches from my right eye, up and around and down the back of the right side of my head and looping over my right ear to the right side of my jaw. Do I have a disease of the right-hand side? Right-sided tetanus?

And does it have anything to do with being left-handed?

4 Comments:

Blogger Flavia said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear (first from your previous post & now from this) that your headache affliction is still ongoing. I'll wave candles or say chants or something in your general direction and hope that your neurologist or acupuncturist can do something to alleviate the pain soon.

But I'm sure it's not a tumor.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're going to the neurologist tomorrow morning, although the impetus for doing so must be really scary. Please do let us know what the news is.

And of course the odds are that it's something far, far more benign and treatable. My first thought, actually, is that perhaps you are clenching your teeth or having jaw issues. And that's no fun at all, but there are things to do about it (such as your acupuncturist/chiropractor treatment).

Take care of yourself, and keep us in the loop.

11:22 AM  
Blogger lucyrain said...

Oh, Margo, Darling. How absolutely awful! Please, please do post an update. I'm worried about you, dear.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any news or updates from your doctor's visit?

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home