Friday, January 06, 2006

Four Things Meme

Four Jobs I've Had
1. Valet/Bellhop
2. Speed-Reading instructor
3. Busboy at Chi Chi's Mexican restaurant in Provo, UT for 20 whole minutes. It was really hard and the trays were heavy. I don't like being yelled at. I started to cry and turned in my two week notice within the hour.
4. "Secretary" for a guy who claimed to be Harvey Korman's cousin. I think we were laundering money. He tried to convince me that dishwashing detergent was more dangerous than any germs that might be on the dishes.

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
1. All About Eve
2. Auntie Mame
3. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
4. Hair

Four Places I've Lived
1. Newport Beach, CA
2. Jackson Heights, NY
3. Downingtown, PA
4. Provo, UT

Four TV Shows I Love To Watch
1. Star Trek: Voyager
2. Seventh Heaven
3. The Bob Newhart Show
4. Dead Like Me

Four Places I've Been on Vacation
1. Paris
2. Provincetown, MA
3. Nice
4. New Hampshire

Four Blogs I Visit Daily
1. What I Made For Dinner
2. More Mama Than Writer
3. Diary of a Lesbian Step-Mother
4. Tiny Cat Pants

Four of My Favorite Foods
1. bread
2. pad kee mao
3. bourbon
4. rice and beans, any kind of rice, any kind of beans

Four Places I'd Rather Be
1. Seeing my niece and nephew in California
2. In a home/condo I own
3. running along the lakefront path
4. in a noisy restaurant with good music, a full bourbon and soda, my girl, and a plate of fried mozzarella.

Four Albums I Can't Live Without
1. Dusty Springfield, Dusty in Memphis
2. Sublime, 40 oz. To Freedom
3. Joni Mitchell, Miles of Aisles
4. The Beastie Boys, Paul's Boutique

Four Vehicles I've Owned
1. 1976 Volvo station wagon named Sonja, because my mom (who had the car first) claimed the car cost more than Sonja Henne made her first year skating professionally. Also, because Volvos and Henne are Scandinavian--not from the same countries, but either my mom didn't know that or thought they were close enough.
2. 1988 Honda Civic hatchback, with racing stripes and Enke wheels. I drove it for 12 years, until a 15 year old joy-riding in a U-Haul bashed into it FOUR times in a row. He hit it, tried to back up and escape, hit it again, tried to back up and escape, etc.
3. VW Golf
4. VW GTI

Four Taggees
I think everyone's done this by now. I'd love to tag
1. What I Made For Dinner and
2. Writer Mama, but I don't know if they like these games.
3. La Lecturess, have you done this? If not, tag.
4. I don't know if she reads my blog (I really doubt it) but Tiny Cat Pants, if you're out there, I definitely want to read your version of this.

6 Comments:

Blogger What Now? said...

I too have been a speed-reading instructor! Which is funny, since I'm actually a pretty slow reader, at least by the standards of most academics. But I took the job before I started my Ph.D. program so that I could get some experience standing in front of a classroom before I had to start doing it for real in grad school.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Michael LeVan said...

did you get to wear a little red bellhop hat?

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hooray, I've never been tagged before! I'll definitely do it this week.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

your first two movie choices are top drawer, I mean really top drawer.
But you really should stop behaving like the Queen Mother. Leave that to me.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Margo, darling said...

Robert Mitchell I.I., you are my new best friend. Now go be a love and find the key to the closet. I've just smashed the ball, really, really smashed it.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I just read this.

Thanks for tagging me. I wonder if I done four of anything? I'll think on it.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home