Friday, March 31, 2006

Sick AGAIN

I cannot believe it. For the third time this year, I am sick. This time it's the stomach flu (it's been so long since I had this--like 15 years--that I'd actually stopped believing it exists). I got it on the way home from school, and actually had to pull over on a pretty big main Chicago street and be sick, something I've never, ever done before. It got all over my favorite pumps and most comfortable teaching pants. I know, gross. Sorry. I spent the entire UNC vs. Tennessee women's game running back and forth to the bathroom. That's okay, though, because I've had about enough of Ivory Latta for this season. She's cute and she's strong and smart, but enough already--get out of the way so Candace Parker can make a basket.

So the stomach flu came and went, and now the cold I suspected I still hadn't licked is gathering strength and knocking around my lungs and making me sound like an old man. I've got a couple of posts drafted, one about Big Love, if anyone wants this (ethnically, if not actively) Mormon girl's opinion on it.

At what point do I call my doctor and tell her I think I might have avian flu?

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael LeVan said...

Yuck yuck yuck. Sorry to hear this. There's nothing quite so bad as multiple sicknesses to really ruin several months of your life.

Did I tell you that one of the leading scorers in NCAA women's hoops was in my class?

I vote in favor of hearing about your take on Big Love. Also, did I ever tell you about my lesbian friend who lived in Salt Lake City and kept a bumper sticker on her car that read, "I love Mormon pussy"?

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, too? Ugh, it's been a rough month for many of us. Sorry especially to hear about your shoes. Well wishes to you.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Dana Weber said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home