Monday, November 12, 2007

civic duty avoided

For the past several weeks I've had a summons for stand-by jury duty on my fridge door telling me to call today after 4:30 to see if I have to report tomorrow. I have a letter from my doctor getting me out of serving jury duty if called, but knowing that I'd still have to drag myself downtown tomorrow morning in order to show them the letter and get myself excused has weighed heavily on my mind. Disproportionately so. But I made the call and since my last name does not fall between the letter D as in Delta and K as in, who even knows--K words are hard, hence all the Scrabble points, and I wasn't really listening at that point--I'm off the hook for the time being.

5 Comments:

Blogger R said...

How is the waiting treating you???

6:58 PM  
Blogger Margo, darling said...

I'm dying. I hate this part. And I don't temp, so I have nothing to go on. (seems like too much crazy-making information, plus, I feel like I should have been doing it for months now and so now it's too late) I'm not very good about being patient. If every twinge really was implantation, as my mind wants to think, I'd be having a hundred babies!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Deb Cohler said...

Great seeing you last week!
When I was up for jury duty last year, I had to go in and was questioned. The case involved sexual harassment. As soon as they heard "Women's Studies Professor" I knew I was heading home.
Hope the wait goes as fast as possible. I am called again next month, so we shall see this time.

And in terms of the waiting. why not send out that prospectus to distract yourself???

Okay, I am such a nudge. Enough is too much, as my people say....

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job avoiding jury duty! And I hear you about the waiting...wouldn't it be great if we could just know right away if it worked or not?
Also, I tagged you, see my blog...

6:35 AM  
Blogger Margo, darling said...

Deb, your nudges are like kisses from an angel, as my people don't say. That's actually what I AM doing during the wait. I'll be in touch. LOVED seeing you.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home