Tuesday, August 07, 2007

By the numbers

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • episodes of Horatio Hornblower I've watched so far: 0
  • times I've eaten a tuna fish sandwich in the last two days: 4
  • On a scale of one to ten, how hard it is to wrap an ace bandage around your foot, by yourself, while standing on one leg: 8
  • The Cat Who . . . mysteries I've read in the last week: 3
  • pain pills I took yesterday: 0 (is it because I don't have pain? Not necessarily. It's because I'm almost out and I'm too scared to call my doctor and ask for more because I think she'll think I'm addicted, even though I've only been taking between 1 and 3 a day for the past week)
  • stitches I had taken out last Monday: 15
  • times I've left the house in the past three weeks (not counting trips to the doctor's office): 5
  • Of those times, how many involved bars? 4
  • hours wasted idly surfing the internets per day: 4
  • episodes of Big Valley I've watched in past week, after a lifetime of avoiding the show becuase I didn't know how oddly appealing Barbara Stanwyk's blue eye shadow could be: 2

5 Comments:

Blogger Hilaire said...

OMG, call your doctor already! :)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

I've been visiting your blog for a while, since you were first "Live from the couch." What you wrote was so reminiscent of my daughter who did much the same in Dec. with broken ankle, and similar hilarious results. She managed to work out a grad school application while prone, so I forwarded your link to her for inspiration.
Actually, I need the inspiration too!

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, blue eyeshadow really opens up the eyes. I can tell just from the picture.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Wendy and Karen said...

Okay...the Barbara-blue-eye-shadow line cracked me up. Hope you have a fast recovery.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Margo, darling said...

You all can check out Miss Barbara Stanwyk's eyeshadow for yourselves, if your cable provider includes the Western Channel.

Margie, your comment cracked me up. What did I inspire you to do? Lie on the couch and watch tv? Take drugs? Sounds like your daughter was way more on the ball while injured than I have been! In any case, I'm so glad to have you as a reader. Thanks for commenting. Same to Wendy and Karen. I'm so glad you stopped by.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home