Monday, November 26, 2007

update: so far, so good

My hcg more than quadrupled since last Wed. Today's number is 1810 @ 20dpo.

In other news, it's really, really cold here in Chicago. Those of you who will be here in a few weeks for MLA, I'm sorry. I hope to see you, though, and am excited that the party (so to speak) is here this year.

We spent our third Thanksgiving in a row at The Land, my friend Exuberant Boy's kind of vacation home in Michigan, where we cooked and ate and watched tv in front of the fire and ate and ate and cooked and read magazines. Sadly, my contribution to the film fest was way less successful than last year's Pippi Longstocking. This year I tried to introduce everyone to what I could have sworn was the scariest movie ever--one of those movies that always seems to be playing on rainy Saturdays when you're alone in the house as a tween--The Other. When the imdb key words are
it's hard to believe it wouldn't be a crowd pleaser, but the 1972 pacing was way too slow for everyone's amped-up 2007 tastes, and everyone figured out the plot twist ten minutes in. Even Uta Hagen couldn't save it. OH. Well. I'm not sorry I bought it. Now that I'm home it's all grading, all the time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on those numbers! Nice!
And I'm glad you had a nice thanksgiving.
Sorry the movie was not a hit, maybe next year.

6:33 PM  
Blogger gwoertendyke said...

tagged for 7 things, darling!

4:17 PM  
Blogger art-sweet said...

whoooooo hoooo

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home