Sunday, December 02, 2007

7 things

I got tagged for the 7 things meme by adjunct whore. Now you might remember that only two or three entries ago I did a similar 6 things meme, which I mostly pawned off on my cat Manfred. Here goes, briefly though, because I really want to watch Amazing Race and see those awful blonde women who u-turned the already-losing team last week get their car rammed by a bus.

THE RULES:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I recently discovered, thanks to Dr. Crazy's work pulling together a blogger meet-up at MLA, that adjunct whore is a long lost friend of mine. Yay! Thanks, Crazy.

2. I hate watching movies. Hate it. It's like pulling teeth. I'd rather watch a tv show, where I can commit to the characters for a good, long time.

3. I loved Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins (and Hawaii) so much as a child, in part because of her beautiful up-swept hair-do, that I refused to watch The Sound of Music because I found her short hair unfeminine and offensive. I knew that character was no good. (yes, when I finally watched it, I liked it plenty.)

4. My sisters and I have matching names. They all begin with the same three letters and are seven letters long. We do not have middle names. When I was a kid, I thought parents who didn't match their children's names were either irresponsible, or didn't love their children very much.

5. I almost failed out of my first two years of college, even though 2/3rds of my classes were ballet classes, which I got A's in. I wasn't partying either. In fact,

6. I first drank alcohol at 26, but made up for lost time by quickly figuring out that bourbon was the only drink you ever really need.

7. I got the chicken pox at 23. The first spots appeared only hours after I took the GRE, which I like to think is why I did so poorly on the math section.

This meme is racing through the blogsphere, so there's really no one left to tag, although I'm sure we'd all love another post by Sfrajett, so I tag her. BTW, her last post, in which she offers her take on all the big changes in our lives is really, really gorgeous. Check it out. I know I'm biased, but isn't she a beautiful writer? And do you recognize the design on her pumpkin from this long-ago post of mine?

4 Comments:

Blogger gwoertendyke said...

thanks you for playing, margo, because you are so fabulous and funny and i'm delighted to have you IRL again!!

11:42 AM  
Blogger gwoertendyke said...

that would be thank (s) you:)

11:42 AM  
Blogger k said...

just catching up on my blogs--and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! amazing news--so happy for both of you :-)
k

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sfrajett is a spectacularly outstanding writer. I'd even read her rendition of the phone book, cover to cover.

Best of luck to da boat a youse. Hell, make dat da tree a youse!

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home