Thursday, June 19, 2008

hello, hello

Hello, Lovelies.

I'm still here. Still pregnant. Still feeling much, much better than a 34 week pregnant woman has any right to feel. The baby is technically due in six weeks, but once I hit 37 weeks she's considered full term and could come at any time. While I really have my heart set on a Leo, I'm starting to seriously reconsider the merits of Cancers.

My stomach is HUGE, but baby is sticking straight out from my body, so from the back you can't tell I'm pregnant. (Except for the enormous, pendulous, size G breasts which are visible from outer space. If it wasn't for them, I swear I'd be the cutest pregnant person ever.) She's running out of room in here, so instead of kicks I get lots of squirmy squirms. She has the hiccups right now, which is fine by me, because it means she's practicing breathing and strengthening her lungs.

I have one more school obligation, a lunch today to celebrate the end of my year-long fellowship (sniff) and then I am free, free, free. Grades are turned in and I am done with teaching until January! Now all I have to do is finish up my book, write my personal statement for tenure, and finalize my tenure dossier. And start researching a totally peachy article my friend BW assigned me that's due in early fall. (Seriously, it's going to be yummy.) And I have a whole 3 to 6 weeks to do it. I'm being sarcastic, because really, that's a lot, especially when sitting at the computer makes my back ache and I can't really get as close to the keyboard as I'd like because of my belly, but over all I feel calm about it all. And happy. And excited.

To all of my bloggy friends, I am sorry I don't update this much, but know that I follow your blogs religiously, and feel so happy to know how you are and what is going on in your lives. Peace.

Here's a bonus sneak preview of baby:
Photobucket

10 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

She's gorgeous. Good luck with the remaining weeks!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Hilaire said...

Look at that baby - wow! Very exciting! Have a wonderful few weeks...you sound great. :)

11:40 AM  
Blogger R said...

Beautiful!! So glad you are doing well!! Keep us all posted!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Deb Cohler said...

Glad to hear it is all going so well.
Fabulosity.
Can we intice you to bring the baby to the MSAs or MLA for live, in-person baby adoration? (probably not....I know!).
I am off to jolly old England (research and fun) in a bit for a bit so I may miss the news right off the bat. But many hugs to you, gf and Mrs D.

1:00 PM  
Blogger What Now? said...

Well, Margo Darling, as I live and breathe! Lovely to hear an update from you, and you sound great -- life moving along at a nice clip, obviously, but in a tremendously good direction. (And I'm a Cancer -- much to be said for July birthdays!)

4:07 PM  
Blogger Margo, darling said...

Aw, thanks, everyone for the sweet comments.

Deb, I'm definitely skipping the conference circuit this fall, but any visitors to Chicago will certainly be granted an audience.

What Now, you have just given me all the justification I'd ever need to wish this little person into the world before the moon shifts into Leo.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Maude said...

i just want to echo everyone else's comments on the baby's beauty and how well you sound! good luck! i can't wait to hear about the little one when she gets here!

6:13 AM  
Blogger j.k-c. said...

She's so cute...those ultra sounds are so unbelievable.
Glad for the update!!!

12:45 PM  
Blogger gwoertendyke said...

i'm so glad you touched base....i've been thinking of you! i'm sorry but i'm still rooting for a Leo because you know what? Leos kick ass. Leo girls especially.

hugs to all three of you...can't wait to see the pretty girl on the outside!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Tim Jones-Yelvington said...

Cancers are beyond awesome (I'll be 26 tomorrow).

I somehow fell like half a year behind on your blog, and am now here to catch up.

I saw you near the Armitage Starbucks a week or two ago, but you were very involved in a cell phone conversation.

Hope all continues to go well,
tim

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home